- Who was Ruth?
- What did she go through?
- How was she comforted?
- Who was responsible for the outcome?
- How do we apply it/receive this comfort?
1) Who was Ruth?
Ruth 1:1-5 (3-5!) (Introduction to who Ruth is)
Ruth 1:6, 8, 14-18 (Ruth returns with her Mother-in-law)
Ruth was totally persuaded, fixed in her believe, trust and fully committed.
2) What did she go through?
Ruth 2:2, 5-7, 10-11
She became a widow, left all that she knew, became very poor, worked whole day hard, was left at the mercy of others and was a risk taker.
3) How was she comforted?
- Ruth 1:18 (Naomi stops speaking to her, accepts her decision)
- Ruth 1:22 (Ruth finds shelter with Naomi in Bethlehem at the beginning of the barley harvest)
- Ruth 2:3, (She happened!! To find the field of Boaz, got provision) THE WEIGHT OF PROVISION IS ON GOD!
- Ruth 2:8-9 (Kind words of acceptance, favor and easy instruction, 11:30 30For My yoke is easy and My burden is light, 1 John 5:3-4 For this is the love of God: to keep his commandments; and his commandments are not burdensome.)
- Ruth 2:12, 14-16 (Boaz shows her great FAVOR) God will distinguish you and make clear you belong to HIM.
- Ruth 2:17-23 (Grace, comfort, love and provision)
4) Who was responsible for the outcome?
- GOD WAS RESPONSIBLE FROM THE MOMENT THE 2 WOMEN PUT THEIR FAITH AND TRUST IN GOD!
- Ruth 1:6, 16-17, 22 (Naomi hears about bread in Israel, Ruth confesses her believe, trust and commitment, they happen to have come at Barley Harvest time!)
- Ruth 2:1-3, (She happens to come to Boaz his field) 2:4-5 (Boaz happens to come to his field and notice her) 2:6 (she finds favor in the side of all men)
- Ruth 2:12 (Boaz states who is taking care of her and what she did in the side of God)
- Ruth 2:19-20 (When she tells Naomi that she cleaned with Boaz, Naomi states, recognizes the Hand of God)
- Ruth 3:5-7, 14 & 18 (Ruth follows Naomi’s instructions, is able to stay at Boaz his feet, is rewarded and then sits and wait let God work)
- Ruth 4:5-6, 9-10, 14-15! (The women said to Naomi: “Praise be to the LORD, who this day has not left you without a guardian-redeemer. May he become famous throughout Israel!)
- Ruth 4:17 (God makes your name a legacy)
5) How do we apply it/receive this comfort?
- We hear the word of God: Ruth 1:6 (Naomi hears about bread in Israel)
- We are determined, full of faith & committed: Ruth 1: 16-17 (Ruth confesses her believe, trust and commitment)
- We humble ourselves: Ruth 2:2 (Ruth goes to clean which is done by only the poorest people), Ruth 2:10 (Ruth humbles herself)
- Ruth 2:13 (Expresses your gratitude and be thankful)
- Ruth 2:14, 22, 3:5 We are obedient to the instructions given (also the ones who come through those we see the fruit of God in their lives)
- We fully TRUST GOD and express it by sowing Ruth 2:18 (she sows even in her own need!)
- Father thank you for OUR KINDSMAN REDEEMER JESUS CHRIST!
- Lord let us find favor before men and You!
- Father help us to receive all your comfort, provision, favor guidance so Your Name be glorified in our lives and all you have ordained for us will come to pass!